In the picture
Rainbowhouse Brussels is looking for a Project Manager for its joint EU project, EQUALCITY, with equal.brussels and IOM
published on 4 October 2019
Project Manager – EQUALCITY
In the framework of the activities of the EQUALCITY project, the incumbent will manage the implementation of the activities foreseen for RainbowHouse Brussels for the overall duration of the project. Specifically, he/she/they will manage the development and the testing phase of a toolbox to address SGBV in migrant communities, as well as the roll-out of a Train of Trainers program and of an awareness raising strategy.
Who are we?
The Brussels RainbowHouse shelters various French- and Dutch-speaking LGBTQI (lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgenders, queers, intersexuals) organizations of the Brussels region. The RainbowHouse is a safe haven where LGBTQI persons and their friends can get information, enjoy a hearty welcome or simply meet up. Organizations, whether LGBTQI or non- LGBTQI unite in the RainbowHouse and organize numerous socio-cultural activities. The Rainbowhouse is also a bar open to anyone, a source of information and a reception centre that when necessary, can help anyone find their way to legal, social, psychological or medical assistance.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
1. Ensure the implementation of project activities assigned to RainbowHouse Brussels and that the related objectives are met on time, organise/attend steering committees and events, draft final reports, etc.;
2. Oversee the development of a SGBV toolbox that will include guidelines to create safe spaces for victims of, and persons at risk of SGBV, including standard operating procedures on how to operate such spaces;
3. Oversee the development of a training curriculum for frontline workers of safe spaces and manage a first pilot phase of such training;
4. Develop and pilot an awareness raising strategy promoting the existence and the importance of safe spaces to relevant stakeholders in the Brussels Capital Region;
5. Liaise regularly with the International Organization for Migration’s Country Office in Belgium (lead partner of the consortium) and with the other stakeholders in the Brussels Capital Region, and effectively contribute in the overall monitoring of the project so that sufficient information can be provided to the project donor;
6. Coordinate with internal staff on the EQUALCITY project budget, project contracts, administration, terms of reference, procurement, privacy, etc.
7. Draft the final narrative and financial reports related to the activities of RainbowHouse Brussels to be submitted to the donor;
8. Collaborate with the partners in the organization of the closing conference of the project.
Master degree in economics, social science, law, international relations or related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience.
•Working experience in the area of project management, implementation, reporting or monitoring of projects/programmes, ideally at EU level;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently against tight deadlines;
• Experience with working in/with the LGBTQI+ community, as a professional or as a volunteer;
• Good knowledge of the Brussels LGBTQI+ scene, in particular of the key actors in the region.
• Good understanding of the Belgian migrant communities and related LGBTQI+ challenges.
Required: English and French – both speaking and written
Please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 21st.